Friday, May 5, 2006
12:19AM - Meme!
Questions are from maja8228. Thanks, Kristie!
01 - Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
02 - I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or not so creepy/personal.
03 - You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
04 - You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
05 - When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. If you could spend a day in middle earth, who would you be, where would you go, etc. and why?
I’d be in Gondor, I’d be Faramir, I would go to the library and then I would go on a horseback ride to Ithilien and camp out there in the moonlight. Faramir is my favorite. Aragorn’s too stern, but Faramir... *sigh* Actually, you know, scratch that. I’ll be Eowyn when she’s living in Gondor. I’ll do all of those things, but suffice to say the night will end with Faramir under the stars in Ithilien. *wink*
2. If you had to live entirely on one type of food, what would it be and why?
Bread. There are many types, it’s always tasty, and you can throw a bunch of stuff in it to change the flavor. Plus, there are many things you can PUT on bread to make it even better. Definitely bread and pålegg.
3. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory is waking up at my baby-sitter Mary’s in the morning before my brothers had left for school. This was before we moved to Bangor, so I was probably just a hair over the age of three. They were playing cards and they told me, rather nicely, to go back to sleep. So I did and that’s that.
4. You've made the front page (article, not just picture) of the badger herald: what in the name of god did you do?
I’m speaking out/up for something. I’m making a difference of some sort and I look all cool and confident about it. Or I’ve just been elected chancellor by the new student government in a landslide election and have plans to take over the university, and by default, the world.
5. What do you do when you're ridiculously, beyond-words happy?
I can’t keep from grinning like an idiot. If it’s an initial reaction, I clap my hands together, throw my head back and give a little laugh. There might be squealing involved, as well as violent hugging.
Thursday, March 2, 2006
11:38PM - Ahh, motherchurch!
| You scored as Roman Catholic. You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.|
What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
Tuesday, November 8, 2005
12:55AM - Scurry Along
Nothing here, really. Just a journal for commenting on other people's journals.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
I took the beliefnet Belief-o-Matic again. Apparently I failed.
...I guess I'm more pissed that Catholicism and Scientology had the same percentage. Scientology's not a religion.
But Reform Judaism? Hey. I can handle that.
1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Bahá'í Faith (91%)
3. Liberal Quakers (90%)
4. Orthodox Judaism (87%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (87%)
6. Sikhism (83%)
7. Unitarian Universalism (82%)
8. Islam (80%)
9. Jainism (70%)
10. Orthodox Quaker (65%)
11. Mahayana Buddhism (58%)
12. Neo-Pagan (56%)
13. New Age (55%)
14. Theravada Buddhism (52%)
15. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (52%)
16. Secular Humanism (51%)
17. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (49%)
18. Seventh Day Adventist (48%)
19. Hinduism (46%)
20. New Thought (44%)
21. Jehovah's Witness (43%)
22. Eastern Orthodox (42%)
23. Roman Catholic (42%)
24. Scientology (42%)
25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (39%)
26. Taoism (36%)
27. Nontheist (30%)
Monday, October 17, 2005
Not a meme, per se, but I've bolded the ones that are true for me. I've been realising more and more how my small town has shaped me.
You might be from a small town if...
1. You can name everyone you graduated with.
2. You know what 4-H is.
3. You ever went to a party that was held about 20 miles down a deserted dirt road.
4. You used to drag "main."
5. You said the 'F' word and your parents knew within an hour.
6. You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers since you know which ones would bust you.
7. You ever went or thought about going cow-tipping.
8. School gets canceled for a sports team going to State
9. You could never buy cigarettes cause all the store clerks knew how old you were.
10. When you did find someone old enough to buy smokes for you, you had to drive down country backroads to smoke them.
11. You never missed a Homecoming parade.
12. You still go home for Homecoming.
13. It was cool to date someone from a neighboring town.
14. You had a senior skip day.
15. The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
16. You can't help but date a friend's ex.
17. Your car is always filthy from the dirt roads.
18. You think that kids who ride skateboards are weird.
19. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town.
20. Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise.
21. You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."
22. The people in the big city dress funny then you pick up on the cool new trend two years later.
23. You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.
24. On Fridays, anyone you want to find can be found at Main Street or the Dairy Queen.
25. Weekend excitement involves a trip to RiteAid.
26. Even the ugly people enter beauty contests.
27. You decide to walk for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you need a ride.
28. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's name.
29. The closest "cool stores" are at least 45 miles away.
30. The local phone book has only one yellow page.
31. You leave your jacket on the back of the chair in the cafe, and when you go back the next day, it's still there, on the same chair.
32. You don't signal turns because everyone knows where you're going, anyway.
33. You call a wrong number and they supply you with the correct one.
34. You have to name six surrounding towns to explain to people where you're from.
35. Driving to the party on a four wheeler is quite normal.
36. The town population increases by one-third when the universities go on break. No on this one because they all still live at home or don't go to school.
37. You laugh your head off reading this because you know it's true and then forward it to everyone in your address book, which is actually half your town